The original Bayview School opened in 1886 with eight students. By 1909, the wooden school building we see today was built and 71 students enrolled the following year. Children through the 8th grade were educated in two rooms.
Bayview School was closed in 1942, replaced with a new grade school in Langley.
The building was subsequently used by the American Legion and Skagit Valley College. Then in 1995, the South Whidbey School District opened an alternative high school. The first Bayview Class of 1995 had 47 students. From 1995 through 2012, Bayview high school students enjoyed smaller class sizes and personalized lesson plans. They also became an important part of the social fabric at Bayview Corner—student dances and art shows were held in the Cash Store; graduations were held outside of Bayview Hall (or inside if necessary). And yes, Goosefoot was known to turn a blind eye to students smoking on our property!
In June 2012, due to declining enrollment numbers and lack of technological resources at the Bayview location, the school district closed Bayview High School and moved the students to their consolidated facilities on Maxwelton Road in Langley.
Currently, Goosefoot rents the building from the South Whidbey School District. Our offices are located there, along with two other businesses.