Goosefoot Community Fund
Job Announcement: Office and Grants Assistant
Position Title: Office and Grants Assistant
Reports To: Executive Director
Classification: Regular, Part Time (20-24 hours), Hourly Position
Salary Range: $18.00 / hour
Benefits: WA sick leave, vacation leave, 9 holidays, ferry pass if not living on Whidbey Island
Location: South Whidbey Island, WA, 25 miles northwest of Seattle and a 20-minute commuter ferry ride from Mukilteo.
This is a part-time position at 20-25 hours per week. Days and hours may be negotiated if necessary to accommodate another position elsewhere.
Goosefoot Community Fund—a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization—works together with the South Whidbey community to create essential solutions. We address community needs, connect neighbors, grow local businesses, and preserve great places. www.goosefoot.org
This position plays a key role in helping Goosefoot to efficiently fulfill our mission, in addition to being the first point of contact to the organization for many people. In addition to ensuring the smooth running of office systems, you will communicate regularly with members of the general public interested in our grant program, renting a meeting space, or attending a community event.
Our Culture: Goosefoot is a very dynamic organization whose projects are mostly collaborative and driven by community needs. Individuals who are flexible, self-starters, comfortable with changing priorities, and adept at multi-tasking will be the most satisfied and successful in this position. A commitment to our organization’s mission and values is what brings us to work each day. Respect for each other as team members, no matter what our role, is what keeps us here. Note: Goosefoot is working towards becoming an anti-racist organization and our staff and board members are expected to support our Commitment to Racial Equity Statement, available here. (https://goosefoot.org/about/commitment-to-racial-equity-statement/)
Primary Responsibilities: The following duties are intended to be representative for the position but may not be all-inclusive.
- Oversee office systems including ordering office & copier supplies and maintaining inventories; general filing, processing and mailing of invoices; answering the phone; and upkeep of Goosefoot event and workshop promotional materials on display in office and on bulletin board.
- Coordinate and assist in marketing Goosefoot’s grant program, including processing and logging applications, photocopying proposals for distribution, communicating with applicants, tracking grant reports required, etc.
- Handle all details regarding room rentals, bookings, and marketing for the Bayview School Classroom and the Sears House basement meeting space. Ensure that clients understand how to use audio-visual equipment available in the Classroom space.
- Coordinate tenant appreciation activities, including acknowledging tenant milestone events with greetings cards, flowers, and other special recognition activities as desired.
- Assist with preparation of materials for monthly board meeting, including purchasing and set up of refreshments and room set up.
- Organize special board/staff celebrations, such as holiday party and summer gathering, including sending invitations, tracking RSVP’s, placing catering orders, set up and clean up.
Required Skills/Abilities for Position:
- This position requires a friendly, welcoming, and patient phone manner and writing style, strong communication skills, and the ability to deal with the public.
- Attention to detail, the ability to work on multiple projects at once, and to meet deadlines is required.
- Must be able to keep Goosefoot business and tenant information confidential.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required. Willingness to learn database and graphic design software required, if not already present.
Reporting Relationships: This position reports to the Executive Director.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
No phone calls please